The Berufsförderungswerk der Bauindustrie NRW gGmbH
The BFW NRW gGmbH (Vocational Training Institute of the Construction Industry in North-Rhine Westphalia) is the subsidiary firm of the Bauindustrieverband NRW e.V. (construction industry association in North-Rhine Westphalia).
The Training Institute of Construction is a non-profit organisation and supports the building companies in addition to the company training and further education and state educational institutions. It maintains three inter-company training centres in Oberhausen, Hamm and Kerpen. These stand for the inter-company training of young people in the industrial, technical and commercial construction professions. In addition, the Vocational Training Centre also provides training for employees of construction companies who are already working and offers retraining for people from other professions in various construction professions.
- External vocational training in industrial, technical and commercial occupations
- Qualification of employees in the building operations
- Retraining of people with no experience for the start in the building industry
The educational offer in the training centers includes:
- Vocational training: industrial, technical and commercial training
- Dual course of studies: higher education with parallel training to become skilled worker in building industry
- Advanced vocational training: e.g. foreman, site foreman, industry master and construction machine minder
- Further training: CAD-courses, courses in concrete restoration, Soft-Skill-Training
- Company training: individual inhouse or in the training centers
- Retraining: e.g. skilled worker; courses with IHK-check
- Extra-occupational studies Bachelor Construction Site Management: also for employees without a degree (Abitur)
- Hotel OVERNIGHT: attractive seminar and congress hotel in Kerpen
- Vocational college Kerpen: first private vocational college of the building industry for commercial construction occupations in Germany
The training center of construction industry Kerpen (ABZ)
The training center of construction industry in Kerpen (ABZ Kerpen) was opened in 1980 and already impresses at first sight by its spaciousness. The terrain extends over 50.000m² in total, on which 20.000m² are built on. The modern training center replaces the location in cologne which was used from 1937 to 1980. In Kerpen, there are national courses for draftsmen (CAD) as well as in the area of pipeline construction. There is a dual course of studies in civil engineering offered in cooperation with the university of applied sciences and arts (Fachhochschule) in Köln and Aachen as well as the university Bergische Universität Wuppertal.
The ABZ is the first private vocational college of the building industry in Germany.
Moreover, there is a congress hotel, the Hotel Overnight, at this location, offering 40 rooms as well as conference and recreation rooms, where they can offer further education in a highly sophisticated atmosphere.